Monday, October 28, 2013

Programmatic Study & Development

    *Programmatic Study & Development*- Here is another version of my program. Although I am not completely happy with this current model and I have yet to make some changes to it. At this point I have an idea of what I 'd like to do as far as my conceptual model. After considering my feedbacks for my previous model, I have made some changes to my program model. It is now  primarily Hotel and Spa is secondary, which make more since. I will be also combining my spa into my hotel (inside) instead of making them separate buildings and then somehow connecting them. 









     In my next model , I am planing to elevate the Hotel/Spa ( the black figure) even more then it is now (which is currently 12') and sit it on top of the Lobby (the white figure), therefore enabling  for an easier access from the lobby into the hotel rooms. My spa will be on the first floor of the hotel ( after the elevation), and rooms thereafter, hence separating the hotel rooms from the spa (private from public).

     With regards to my lobby (white figure) which will not be elevated, I am planing to have Lobby, gym, auditorium , restaurant and snack bar, all in 2 floor area space. I will also have an indoor garden in the midst of it all, which will separate those spaces and create a barrier which will eliminate noise ether traveling from the gym into the auditorium or snack bar into the restaurant. This way I can have the gym and the  auditorium in the first floor with garden in between and the snack bar with the restaurant and the indoor garden in between. 

1 comment:

  1. Renee, placement on the site is as important as the building itself. You created this beautiful procession, but I am not sure I can get to it.
    Think approach!

    ReplyDelete