Monday, October 7, 2013

CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT



     The assignment was to interpret my impression of the site, convey what my program (that I am developing) means and exhibit my understanding of a particular word; which in this case was the word deserted.  I chose this word because when I first visited the site that's what I experienced.


        My impression of the site was very dramatic. During my visit , I felt that Red Hook was lost/trapped in time, vicinity seemed very linear, empty, mechanical and industrial. Although the neighbourhood has a rich history, it certainly did not feel alive.



  How can one be so close to the busy city which calls for a restless life: be able to step away from it prioritizing themselves, and indulge in some sort of relaxation ?! Up next is my program.This is my interpretation of reconnecting with inner piece , nature and still be circulating around the busy city life. Therefore, as you can see the city is in the center of it all, almost has a faded visibility and all other activities are revolving around it. 



Lastly, is my interpretation of the word deserted. For me it means endless emptiness surrounded by sadness and grief. 


No comments:

Post a Comment